Christmas 2021: Terms and Conditions
Please read through our terms and conditions, to ensure you make the most of your Hoar Cross Hall experience this winter.
Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to Christmas and/or New Year events at Hoar Cross Hall. These terms and conditions govern the relationship between the person or entities who book and/or attend the event. (“you”) and Hoar Cross Hall referred to in these terms and conditions as (“HCH”)
1. Full payment for all events is required at the time of booking, with the exception of large corporate bookings where credit facilities have been established and an event contract has been signed.
2. Payments are non-refundable and cannot be offset against any other product or service, other than for a valid medical reason where proof of incapacity may be required.
3. All prices include VAT at the prevailing rate.
4. Confirmation of booking and payment will be sent to you.
2. Food & Beverage
1. Pre-orders are required for all events no later than 14 days prior to the event.
2. Where a food order is not provided 14 days prior a set meal of the day will be served
3. If you or any of your party have any special dietary requirements, including food allergies or intolerances, please inform HCH and we will endeavor to accommodate your requirements. A vegetarian and vegan option is available for all events.
4. HCH cannot guarantee that dishes do not contain nuts or nut derivatives or that fish products are totally free from bones.
5. No alcohol or other beverages may be brought into the venue for consumption or prizes. HCH reserves the right to search bags of any guest.
6. We reserve the right to change wine vintages without prior notice, where a wine is no longer available. We will provide you with a suitable alternative without notification.
1. HCH reserves the right to judge acceptable behavior and levels of noise from guests. You are responsible for the behavior of your party.
2. Please note the dress code for all events is smart casual, no trainers, baseball caps or hoodies are permitted.
3. HCH will not accept any responsibility or be held liable for anyone prevented from entering the event, or asked to leave the event, due to that person
(a) Acting in an improper or disorderly manner or whose condition in the opinion of HCH staff interferes or is likely to interfere with the enjoyment of the function by other guests.
(b) Bringing or using dangerous, illegal or hazardous items or substances on the premises.
(c) Bringing their own food or drink to the premises without the prior permission of HCH.
(d) Not adhering to the appropriate dress code for the event.
4. The minimum age for persons attending party nights and NYE ball at the hall is 18, except by prior agreement between HCH and you.
5. HCH is unable to offer baby-sitting, baby listening or child minding services.
6. Guests and visitors are not permitted to join any event for the entertainment only.
7. Bedroom upgrades are available for a supplement quoted at the time of enquiry.
8. HCH reserves the right to amalgamate events to ensure minimum numbers.
9. At the discretion of HCH tables under 10 guests may be shared with other smaller parties
10. HCH may cancel a booking and will refund advance payment made or alternatively arrange for the booking to be transferred to another event, if it is deemed at HCH’s discretion that the date of the event booked is no longer viable.
11. HCH endeavours to honour all commitments, but reserves the right to amend or alter all or part of the event package (as described on our website or in our event brochure) to an alternative of at least equivalent standard.
12. While HCH has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that the information contained in its event brochure, on its website and within all advertisements is accurate, it reserves the right, without accepting liability, to amend or alter all or part of the package in the event of an error or omission.
13. HCH will not be held liable, nor accept any liability, for cancellation or non-completion of an event, or for any delays, arising as a result of industrial action, strikes, riots, adverse weather conditions, fire, flood, act of god or any other cause beyond its control.
14. HCH shall not under any circumstances be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for loss of revenues, opportunities, goodwill, reputation, or any type of special, indirect or consequential loss (even if such loss was reasonably foreseeable or HCH had been advised of the possibility of you incurring the same).
15. HCH shall have no liability for any death or bodily injury (except death or injury caused by the negligence of HCH, its staff or contractors), or loss of or damage to property, of anyone attending an event. You agree to indemnify HCH against any claim in respect of such liability (and the costs and expenses incurred by HCH in relation thereto)
16. HCH doe not accept any liability in respect of loss or damage to property or vehicles brought into the venue or car park.
17. You are responsible for any loss or damage caused to allocated rooms, furniture, fixtures and fittings. You agree to pay The Hotel on demand the amount required to make good or remedy any such damage
4. Covid 19 Specific
1. If HCH is unable to safely host the event due to government restrictions, we will endeavor to move your booking to a mutually agreeable date or issue a gift card. Where this is not possible we will refund your payment in its entirety.
2. If we are able to safely proceed with the event in line with government advice and you choose to cancel, your payments will remain non-refundable/ non-transferable and will therefore be forfeited.
3. Please find further details of our safety measures on our website.
These terms and conditions are correct at the time of going to print and HCH reserves the right to amend them at a later date without prior knowledge. HCH and you agree that these terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between us, and supersedes all previous drafts , agreements, arrangements and understandings between us, whether oral or written. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and in the unlikely event of a dispute, the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. You as the organiser, are asked to inform all guests of these terms and conditions. Additional copies are available on request.